A Prologue to Page One
When we decide to do something, be it about work, family, love, or an idol who doesn’t even know we exist, or just about anything in this world, there is always that ‘why’ in the beginning. Why am I doing this? For what or for whom am I doing this?
I was thinking of a way to tell you without missing anything; how it all started, where it started, why it started in the first place. So I thought I’ll just share with you the email where Pages Bound By 6002 started and I hope you get a glimpse of a mouse’s unconfident heart, which has fallen deeply for Park Yuchun and his Chunsas.
These were some of the comments/questions I received from my Chunsa friends, which helped me in going for the decision I took.
1) What are you going to put on the blog? – It’s really very simple. It will only be about Yuchun AND Chunsas. It won’t be about his activities or any news about him. I think I want to show who Yuchun is through Chunsas’ stories. And as I said, I want to show the heart and mind of Chunsas.
2) Do you or us, Chunsas, need another blog like the one you are going to start. – I don’t know about Chunsas but I need it, I think. If I could just post the real stories of Chunsas (I really don’t care how many), then I’d have answered back those unfair comments about Yuchun and Chunsas. And somewhere down the road, if an unsuspecting girl/noona/ajhuma Googles Park Yoochun and sees all those negative comments from 2 or 4 years ago and happens to stumble upon a blog where girls/women just like her have trodden the path she is now treading, wouldn’t that make her feel good and not alone? Wouldn’t that reinforce what she is beginning to feel about Park Yuchun?
3) What is the purpose of your blog? What does it serve? – There’s nothing anyone can do about the past, but it’s there on the web, viewable anytime by anybody. I just want one more blog to negate all those hateful ones. But as I previously mentioned, it’s not as if it will really change anything. Yes, maybe it won’t. But what if it does, even for a person or two? Then it’d have served its purpose.
4) Can your purpose and goal be achieved in another way? – Maybe it could but I don’t know how. If I knew, then I’ll have Option B I guess.
I just want to reiterate, what I’m thinking of is a very simple blog (if I’m really going to do it). Just post when there’s something to post. I won’t stress myself out when there’s nothing to post. If nobody reads it, well that’s just too bad.
5) If the blog master has a fulltime job, she tends to be overwhelmed and run out of steam later. She needs TIME. Lots of TIME. – This was my first and biggest concern when I initially thought about this . What if I ran out of steam? And my answer: I’ll do it until I run out of steam. If I lose steam later on, then I lose steam. I want to say I doubt it, but I won’t, because one can never really tell. So “I’ll just cross the bridge…” and all that.
6) Blog master cannot operate alone. – This is a big problem. I’ll have to think about it later. If I do go ahead with this, I guess it’ll have to be ran single-handed, at least in the beginning.
7) Above all, relax. – THIS! Yes, it’s what exactly I was planning to do. Just do it in a relaxing way, no pressures whatsoever.
On June 12, 2015, I created a private account and posted the first story, my own Chunsa story. One year and 70 stories/random thoughts/poems/love letters after, the purpose remains, to share Chunsas’ stories, to present Yuchun through the eyes and words of Chunsas. And I can honestly say I have not ran out of steam. The source that generates this “energy” is just too hot that it doesn’t matter if he is ninja most of the time, it doesn’t matter if we could only see his car, or his back (if we’re very lucky). The mighty power of a Chunsteam is not a joke.
And then THIS happened… what kind of a weakling would I be to lose steam?
In every story that I have posted, not a single one did not touch me deeply. Some stories made me laugh, some stories made my throat thick with emotions, some made me weep. It doesn’t matter if it’s the 7th or the 70th, the feeling is still the same. Last week, as I finished reading Lily’s story, after giving way to tears (again), I was wondering to myself, “When am I going to be not affected by these stories anymore?” “Will I ever not be excited every time I receive an email from a Chunsa saying that she would like to share her story?” My answer was, I really don’t know. But now that I come to think of it, I guess that was like asking myself, “Will I ever stop loving and reading books?” As long as there are Chunsas’ stories to read and pages to fill, my Chunsa heart will beat with excitement, Pages Bound By 6002 will be running on full Chunsteam.
Thank you Chunsas, for filling the pages, for baring your heart and mind, so everyone can see the portrait of Park Yuchun from different angles, from between lines, and come to see a perfectly imperfect man, a man loved and doted on by those who have seen through walls of caves, bowed head and darkest pairs of shades.
Let us fill more pages, Chunsas! Let’s do this for our man, Park Yuchun!
Featured image credit to: